At Čechová & Partners, competition law represents a constantly growing part of our legal practice. We advise our clients on merger control clearances for domestic and foreign transactions and on agreements restricting competition. We have many years of experience in representing clients on a regular basis in proceedings concerning investigations into the abuse of a dominant position, cartel agreements, and vertical restrictions.
Our expertise and experience in competition law enable us to provide clients with high-quality advice in the following areas:
- Antitrust Law (including private antitrust litigation):
- analysis of potential anti-competitive practices
- horizontal cooperation and vertical distribution agreements
- compliance training (also covering dawn raids)
- internal audits
- sectoral inquiries/sectoral issues
- investigations and dawn raids conducted by the competition authorities
- represent clients in formal infringement proceedings before the Slovak Antimonopoly Office, including leniency applications, settlement procedures, and liabilities
- representation before the Slovak courts in both the judicial review of administrative decisions and private antitrust litigation
- advisory on various issues related to private antitrust litigation
- Merger Control:
- advisory on various aspects of merger control with respect to M&A transactions (including full function joint ventures)
- representation in merger control proceedings before the Slovak Antimonopoly Office, including negotiations on acceptable remedial measures
In the practice area competition, our law firm has been top ranked in national and international law firm rankings. In recent years we have received the highest recognition in this area from the international ranking organization Chambers and Partners (Band 1).
“We find their strength to be their deep involvement in the matters; they have a very detailed, analytical approach and they actively and carefully handle matters.” A client states for Chambers and Partners.
“These are responsive lawyers who provide an excellent quality of work.” A client states for Chambers Europe.